Sunday, March 8, 2009

Presentaion Points

In an effort to make sense of something as vast as anonymity and my project I constantly ask myself what, when, where, and why (the "why" part is usually a tough one). It's been a useful tool and every time I've stumbled or been stuck in my progress these simple questions have been my guide. In asking these questions here are some of the aspects of my research that have stuck with me and will be used for my in class presentation.

-How anonymous public opinion has influenced social media and published journalistic reports.

-Introduce the "swinging gate theory."
A form of governance in cyberspace

-Creates a form of hierarchy.

-Respecting your "elders" in cyberspace.

-Introduce Elisabeth Noelle-Neumann's book, The Spiral of Silence "Public Opinion - Our Social Skin"

-Political influence.

With five minutes I'm pretty confident these six talking points will easily lead me through. Like the blogs, I hope doing this presentation will give me a much more clear picture of where I'm at in my research and were it's headed.

No comments:

Post a Comment